We are quizzing ex-Gov Obiano over misappropriation of N42bn state funds – EFCC


The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says former Gov. Willie Obiano of Anambra was being quizzed over the alleged misappropriation of N42 billion belonging to the state.

An authoritative source in the EFCC disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday in Abuja.

The source said the former governor was being interrogated over the alleged misapplication of N5 billion Sure-P and N37 billion security vote, withdrawn in cash.

According to the source, part of the funds was also allegedly diverted to finance political activities in the state.

The Commission on Friday told NAN that the former governor was in its custody undergoing interrogation after his arrest on March 17.

Obiano was arrested on Thursday at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos and brought to Abuja on Friday morning.

The Commission said the former governor had not been released.

Obiano was arrested by EFCC on Thursday night, hours after handing over to the new Anambra Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo.

Comments

Top #10 Most Read

Uniport Proposed Academic Calendar

Predictions for Champions League fixtures

10 Cool New Pop Songs to Get You Through The Week:

When road workers accidentally stumbled across a pair of tombs in China, archaeologists could not have anticipated just how well preserved a corpse had been for 700 years

Witches warn Osinbajo against contesting for Presidency

See What ₦100 Could Buy In The 1980s

Wizkid and Davido's net worth: Who is the richest in 2022?

5 Defenders Chelsea Should Target Signing Next Summer

How to make money 2023 with Amazon kdp